Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Graduating

I can't believe graduation is just around the corner. It seems like just yesterday my friends and I were in eighth grade, all getting in trouble because Heather used to snort when she laughed. How time flies. Now we're both mommies. And I'm about to graduate high school and start college.

Speaking of college, I've been stuck between getting a degree in Health Science to become and ultrasound tech or getting a degree to become an RN, and becoming a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner. I remember before I got pregnant with Genesis, college meant nothing to me. My exact words were, 'I'm NOT doing another four years of school.' But boy how my opinion on that has changed.

My grades are the best they've ever been since fifth grade. It's been hard, but there's no way I'm quiting now. I want to be able to give Genesis the best life possible, so one day when she looks at me and says, 'Mama I want this,' I can say YES. I want to be able to help others that have helped me. I want to be able to donate to charities like St. Judes. I know I can do it.

I called Greenville Tech the other day, and they said I had plenty of time to get my SAT and ACT test scores in, which I take those in April and May. I'm so excited! My cap and gown will be here soon and I'll be getting my graduation pictures made. Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment